First and foremost, I believe in an American View of Law and Government. That is, I believe that the purpose of government is to protect and defend every citizen’s God given right to Life, Liberty and Property.
- Under the Second Amendment of the United States Constitution, every Citizen’s natural right to keep and bear arms is protected. Today, Under the Obama Administration and the O’Malley Administration in MD, our rights are under attack and we now find ourselves at war to defend the very rights that our Founders intended as a means to fight against tyranny.
- The government does not have the authority to mandate that a law abiding citizen register a fire arm. Yet many states, including Maryland, require registration. Guns don’t kill people, people kill people. A gun is simply a tool, and in the right hands a gun will protect good from evil. Regretfully, we are told to dial 911 when we are in danger. The unfortunate part is that the phone cannot protect you, your family or your property.
- I believe that the Constitution is the supreme law of the land.
- I believe that the three branches of government (Legislative, Executive and Judicial) are to remain separate to prevent tyranny.
- I believe that we should honor our veterans. Many men have bled and died in military service to protect the freedoms that we take for granted. We should cherish the freedoms they secure for us as American Citizens.
- I support reducing the size of government and returning control to “We The People”.
- Immigration should be legal. This means that any foreigner desiring to become an American should be allowed, assuming they are willing to learn English and study the history of America. They should understand freedom and self-responsibility and they should not be looking for a handout.
- Illegal immigration should be the highest priority regarding American public policy. America should not be targeted and infiltrated by individuals intent on robbing America. If they are not willing to assimilate to American culture, values and style of government, they do not belong here.
- Enforcement of immigration laws should be mandatory in all states and counties.
- Property and the right of individuals to own and control their own property is one of the primary reasons America exists today. Our Founders left England because of the tyranny specifically surrounding the King owning and controlling nearly everything.
- Zoning laws and ordinances are necessary at some level in order to maintain densely populated areas. However, government never has the right to deprive someone of their land without just compensation. Unfortunately, this is no longer the case. Local government regularly encroaches on individual’s right to use and improve their property.
- Critical Area Laws are specifically unconstitutional. Waterfront land owners pay premium taxes and then are extremely limited from improving their property. Everything you do on your property requires government approval if you live on the water. This is unconstitutional.
- We should protect the Chesapeake Bay, our rivers, creeks, and streams. This should start with government addressing the continuous sewage overflows at treatment plants and pumping stations when a heavy rain or power outage occurs. Instead, government focuses on dog and cat manure, septic systems and impervious surfaces as the primary source of pollution. It’s quite clever for government to look the other way. It costs far less to fix the problem when you fail to address the root cause. That’s why after 30 years of environmental intervention, our waterway quality continues to plummet.
- I do not support environmental programs and regulation created to employ state workers thereby growing government and the bureaucracy that chokes America. We must get serious about addressing the root cause of pollution in our rivers, starting with treatment plants and pumping stations.
- I support oyster, clam, and mussel farming in an attempt to help clean our rivers. `
Crime & Criminals
- I serve on the House Judiciary committee, which is the committee that deals specifically with criminals. Regretfully, criminals are viewed by most elected officials as victims. They argue that they turned to crime, for example, because they were raised by a single parent or because they grew up in a bad neighborhood. What about personal responsibility? I am sick of the bleeding heart liberals that want to protect criminals.
- I support the death penalty. With today’s technology there is little chance that we are convicting innocent individuals. I believe that with two eyewitnesses and a DNA match in a cold blooded murder case that the death penalty should be mandatory.
- I believe that there should be truth in sentencing. By this I mean that a ten year sentence should be ten years not 6.5 years because of good time credits. I also believe that second time offenders in brutal crimes should never receive parole and early release.
- Taxes are a necessity for good government but there is a limit. I believe our government has exceeded that limit. Today most working class Americans are taxed to death. Not only are we over taxed, the taxes that are collected are not used constitutionally.
- Taxes can become oppressive. When government taxes the citizens to grow government itself, it is wrong. Unfortunately, I have watched as Maryland’s government continues to grow. Even though there is a projected deficit of over 1.5 billion dollars next year, the legislature passed a budget that grew by 1.2 billion dollars. I voted against the budget because we must cut spending and reduce the state debt. Otherwise, tax increases are inevitable.
- I support a free market economy. That is, every American Citizen should have the opportunity to own and operate a small or large business. Today government seems hostile to anyone who makes a profit or is well off financially because of their hard work. This is wrong! We should encourage business start-ups, but instead government taxes and regulates businesses until they leave Maryland.
- I support limited business regulation. That is, regulation that addresses legitimate safety, health, and environmental issues. I do not support over-zealous enforcement officers who intimidate and coerce business owners with outrageous fines and ridiculous stop work orders.
- Under an American view of Law and Government, we first recognize that we are endowed by our Creator with certain unalienable rights. The first right that our founders recognized was the right to Life. In their wildest dreams, the founders would have never considered a pregnant woman to be carrying anything but a human life yet to be born into this earth.
If you have any questions about my stance on any issue, please feel free to contact me. I’d be happy to discuss my beliefs with anyone. Please don’t hesitate to email me at email@example.com.